All Good Things Come To An End

All Good Things come to an End

a chapter ended.

the last week was a crazy haze of organizing and packing my stuff, handling business, meeting people for the last time and grabbing some sleep in between. by the time it was sunday, the apartment was as good as new, my belongings were on their way to berlin and i even managed to attend a friend's farewell party. but as i woke up on sunday at 6:30am with only three hours of sleep i found a place that was stripped bare of all its charme. it was still a beautiful place, but so damn empty. i walked into my room, hearing every step so hollowly and finally saw that spot, where i messed up painting the wall three years ago. still smells like my room, has my trace, but will never be my room again.

so sunday.
arabella and i got on this journey with hell yeah too much stuff. i intended to take a picture of her at every stop we took (there were THREE), but duly noted Deutsche Bahn again provided a wonderful service, so that either i had to pull her the platform all the way up and the next one back again or the doors were way too narrow or just to high to lift her into the train. not to forget the device i had to put her into, aaaaaah! luckily, bike travelers are a nice kind of folks. back in ludwigshafen i often took my bike to work in heidelberg using local trains and never had any trouble, so i was quite surprised by all these obstacles. by the time i was in the train i was just glad i did it and totally forgot about the pictures.

24h into living in my room, i am still hung up about the wonderful time that ended. even if i had tried to extend it, it wouldn't have been the same with most of my friends gone and yes, everything is new and exciting, but i am allowed to yearn a bit for those days, right? at least a little bit more ;) so i hung up the cat i got from a very good friend from japan that was also in my old room. and it feels better. i enter my new room (which by the way is quite awesome, but more on that later) and feel a little bit at home. this is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment